Waste Assay Monitor
- Monitor configuration to customer requirements
- Division of the measured waste drum into volume segments
- Analysis of spectrometric data from each volume segment
- Peak attenuation correction
- Fast-Scan function
- Detector with optional adjustable collimator
- Integrated waste drum weighing
- Measurement of the density of the material in the waste drum
- Integrated WAMIS data and control software
The WAM-300 monitors are intended primarily for the quantitative and qualitative characterization of radioactive wastes with overall activity from 3 kBq to 3 TBq (for Co-60) deposited in drums.
The WAM-300 series monitors are equipped with a sealed radionuclide source to correct for non-homogeneous material distribution in the waste drum. Eu-152 is used as standard, in case of need other nuclides can be used, e.g. Se-75.
WAM-300 monitors can be customized to various customers’ requirements for measuring different types and sizes of waste drums, various waste activities in drums, different requirements for handling drums, etc.