VF is launching an alternative design of MDG-04 and MDG-08e gamma dose rate detectors with an Ethernet interface on October 1, 2022.
MDG-04 detectors are designed for the measurement of air kerma rates, especially in plant process monitoring. MDG-08e detectors are designed for dose rate measurement, especially in area and environmental monitoring.
New designs of these detectors allow them to be connected and powered using an Ethernet interface instead of a standard RS-485 serial line.
Both versions with the serial line and with the Ethernet interface have the following common basic characteristics:
- A wide dose rate measurement range from background levels up to 10 Gy/h (Sv/h)
- Automatic detection of GM tubes failure (without using a radioactive check source)
- Two adjustable alarm levels
- An archive of values for at least 180 days
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Temperature measurement inside the detector
- A status LED
- Compliant with IEC 60532 and IEC 60846-1