Delivery of a Post-accident Monitoring System for the Dukovany Nuclear Power Plant
Increasing the security and extending the serviceability of nuclear blocks at the Dukovany NPP required, among other things, the upgrading of a post-accident radiation monitoring system (PAMS).
WITHIn the framework of the project, vf supplied these new partiAl monitoring systems
- A superheated steam volume activity monitoring system in the main steam generators’ pipelines in standard, emergency, and post-accident model
- A gamma dose rate monitoring system in a hermetic zone environment in standard, emergency, and post-accident modes
- A gamma dose rate monitoring system in the environment around the depleted fuel storage pool (BSVP).
New systems have been integrated into the PAMS systems and connected to the shared radiation control network of the Dukovany NPP.
services provided by vf within the scope of the project Include
- The elaboration of a quality assurance plan;
- The elaboration of implementation and user documentation;
- The elaboration of necessary documentation for the licensing procedure;
- Device installation, software development and implementation;
- Software verification and system validation;
- Acceptance testing for commissioning;
- Professional personnel training.
The project was undertaken in accordance with the decree no. 132/2008, as amended, on quality system implementation and the provision of activities related to the use of nuclear energy, and on ensuring the quality of the selected equipment with respect to their inclusion in safety classes.
GET OTHER INFORMATION